Wednesday, April 30, 2014

What's for dinner?

Isn't that the question that every Mom in the world gets! 

I work all day outside of the home as well as blog and help kids with school projects etc.  I am lucky enough to have a spouse who is very supportive and helpful but when I get home at 4:30 I still get the hey what's for dinner question. 

I 'try' please note I said TRY here.. I try to have a meal plan scheduled ahead of time.  I've even done that service where you pay $25.00, bring your Ziploc bags and in an hour you make 5 days worth of meals.  I've been to home parties where you bring your meat, chicken etc. buy the spices from them and Ziploc it all together for the crock pot.  They are great in theory but it falls apart on me after a couple of weeks.  I do try to grocery shop with a meal plan but sometimes even that goes to HE double toothpicks in a hand basket quickly.  Or I get the, "I don't want that or I don't like that." 

I do have some 'go-to's' that I use when all else fails and this recipe is one of them.  It is quick and easy, which is what I love the best.  Even my picky eater loves this one, (and isn't THAT a bonus!).

You will need the following:

Chicken - I cubed mine
Italian Seasoning - or any spice of your liking
1 jar of Alfredo sauce - your choice of brand (I used Paul Neumann)
Bacon - you can use bacon bits or real bacon that you cook
Noodles - any kind you wish

De-thaw your chicken
OPTIONS - I've done this both of these ways.... you can stir fry the chicken in Italian Seasoning (or other spices), OR you can boil the chicken in Italian Seasonings and chicken broth or cubes. 
Either way - cook your chicken thoroughly.  Then either cube it or shred it.

While the chicken is going, cook your bacon - I cook mine in the microwave.  Then tear it up into small pieces.  Cook as much or as little bacon as you want. 

Also while the chicken is going,  cook you noodles per the package instructions.

In a large pot dump the jar of Alfredo sauce in and place on low. 
When the bacon is done add all but a handful (to be used later for garnish) to the Alfredo Sauce. 
Add the cooked chicken to the pot
Add the cooked noodles to the pot
Stir well and cook till the Alfredo sauce begins to boil.
Serve with the remaining bacon as a garnish.

I love this recipe because it is fast and easy and you can substitute sausage, kielbasa or anything if you aren't a bacon fan.  You could use meatballs or shrimp instead of chicken.  I will also change the seasoning based on the meat I'm adding, so if I make this with meatballs I may add a dry steak seasoning, shrimp I add Old Bay.  Oh and as always, add salt and pepper to your taste. 

I will serve this with warm bread, rolls or garlic bread.  It is delicious. 

Let me know if you try this and how you like it. 
Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great weekend.  Stay safe. 
Victoria

As always you can follow me directly here, OR you can follow me on Facebook at -
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dragonflies-and-Thistles/491393717621010

You can also follow me on Pintrest here -
http://www.pinterest.com/vicdenniso/


No comments:

Post a Comment