Monday, March 10, 2014

Pesto Pinwheels

Well the mini kitchen re-do is finally coming along!
Doors are done, knobs on and I'm still in love.  I picked out handles and they are in place.  Loving them as well. 

The organization was the issue. My kitchen is small, tiny, tiny, tiny!  
See I only have 6 cabinets in my kitchen but 13 drawers.  I know that 6 may sound like a lot but I've got everyday dishes, my wedding dishes, glasses, cups, bowls, plastic, cookbooks, bake ware, cookie sheets, muffin tins, colanders, microwave safe dishes, spices, cereal, coffee, tea, food and etc. etc. etc.  So lots of things for cabinets but not a lot of things for drawers, which for me I've got too many of.  Thus the organization.  I showed you last week my mess... and it was a mess! BUT in my goal to show you how I fix things I need to show you the bad, really bad in this case, before I can show you the beautiful. 
In other words - the kitchen isn't done yet.  I'm close - really close.  It has to be done by Saturday as my hubby is going out of town, so it simply has to be done. 

Today though I'm talking food! 
Pesto Pinwheels. 

I like to get creative as to what you can put in a store bought can crescent roll.  Do you know that the Pillsbury company gives away money for the most inventive thing in one of their rolls?  Why yes they do!  I got a similar recipe from the Pillsbury site and thought why not pesto?!

The original recipe has spaghetti sauce and peperoni.  I've adjusted it to pesto.

You will need:
1 can of store bought pop out of the can crescent rolls.  I bought plain but garlic would be great too!
1 jar of pesto.  I used a local company to Colorado - Blue Moon
1 cookie sheet
1 small spoon
Knife
Non stick spray
Oven


To start with, spray your cookie sheet and preheat your oven to the temperature on the can of rolls. 
Open your pesto
Open your rolls - lay on a flat surface - I worked half of the rolls at a time. 
You want to pinch closed any open seams
Using your spoon - cover your rolls with half the pesto
Carefully roll up the crescent's into a log
Using the knife cut the log into 1/2 to inch long slices and place them on the cookie sheet
Do the same with the other half of the rolls
Bake per the directions on the rolls - mine was 375 for 12 minutes.
Serve!

I like the idea of what else you could put in these little darlings!  Taco meat and salsa, the original spaghetti and peperoni, ham or turkey or both with cheese!  Nutella!  The ideas can be endless. 

So again......
Store bought crescent rolls in a can and pesto
Pinch the openings of the rolls together

Spoon and spread out your pesto.
Roll into a log
Cut and place on a cookie sheet- the cutting can be a bit messy.
Bake according to the directions on the crescent rolls and serve! 
They are delicious and easy to make.  Even my picky eater will eat these!  This is also something that the kiddo's can help you make - other than the cutting part. My picky eater helped me make these and had fun making a mess with the pesto but she wanted to try them and loved them! 

If you make these let me know how they turn out!  If you try them with something else inside - I am going to try Nutella next!  Let me know. 

Thanks for stopping by.  You can always follow me here every Tuesday and Thursday or you can find me on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dragonflies-and-Thistles/491393717621010

I'm also on Pintrest but under my name - Victoria Dennison - my profile picture there is of a black and white German Sheppard.  If you need help finding me just shoot me a line at Dragonfliesandthistles@gmail.com and I'll write you back. 

Have a great Tuesday!

Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment