I found these rules years ago and I still have them pinned to my desk at work and another copy tucked away in my wallet. I take them out or read them at work when I feel I need to. I try and live by these 7 simple rules. I still have problems with #6 though.
1. Make peace with your past so it won't disturb your present
- your past is your past. It is part of what makes you, well you! Everyone makes mistakes and as long as you learn and grow from these mistakes you are still moving forward.
2. What other people think of you is none of your business.
- I know people who struggle with this. But let me tell you it is very freeing to not care what others think of you. Don't let others opinions stop you from doing what you feel is right for you.
3. Time heals almost everything, so give it time.
- This is so true. Broken hearts mend over time, so give yourself the time to heal. It is different for everyone.
4. No one is in charge of my happiness except me!
- Don't rely on others to make you happy or let others affect your mood. Life is too short to be sad.
5. Don't compare your life to others and don't judge them, you have no idea what their journey is all about.
- I know a lot of people who struggle with this one. Until you have walked in someone elses shoes for a day don't judge them.
6. Stop thinking too much. It is alright not to know all the answers. They will come to you when you least expect it.
- I still struggle with this one cause I need to know.
7. Smile. You don't own all the worlds problems.
- Smiling even when on the phone will change your tone, you attitude and can affect others.... so smile it is contagious!
Like I said I still struggle with #6. Some of these I have conquored while others not so much but that is OK! I hope you find these useful in your life.
Till Thursday, have a great week.