Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Backyard progress

 I hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend. Mine was just great, relaxing and fun. I always look forward to Labor Day, for me it signals the end of summer and the beginning of my favorite season, fall and cooler weather, sweaters, scarves and jackets. I also just love fall colors, those jewel tones of orange, yellow, purple, red and brown. The colors seem more vibrant to me in the fall for some reason don't you think so? I also love the smell of fall. To me the woods and even the area around my house just smells different. Call me crazy but I think fall smells different!

Now to the backyard. Can you say "LOVE IT" about 100 times? This is just step 1 but it is phenomenal!!!!

Not only do we have grass but the trees are trimmed and mulched.

We have a few brown spots already but we forgot to water it over the weekend so lots of water today!  I think it looks amazing.  Now from my own deck I can still see the aqua house but I can't see the scary gnomes, statues and the flock of flamingos and when I am down in the yard, I can't even see the house!  Can you feel my joy?  I can't wait to decorate the backyard, lights in the tree's twinkling on a late evening when I can take our picnic table out under the trees and hold a dinner party.  I'll keep you all in the loop as I plan and execute that.
I actually think the backyard looks bigger now that we have grass, crazy huh but to me it looks bigger.

Next on my agenda is a couple of easy and great crafts to start gifts off for the holiday season.  If you know someone who loves wine or likes to cook you'll want to keep a lookout for those upcoming blog posts.  They are both easy and pretty cheap.  Another do it yourself I'll have coming up is how to make sangria.  I make it all summer long with whatever fruit I have available.  Right now it is peaches so stay tuned for the peach sangria recipe!  Also coming up is some fun camping food, s'mores and pies.  We even do them in the winter in our fireplace we love them so much.

What did you do over the Labor Day weekend?  Anything fun?  Did anyone cook anything fun or try that chicken?  Let me know!  You can always leave me a note and feedback on my Facebook page (Dragonflies and Thistles).  I promise to read each one and respond to you.
Till next time, have a great week and be safe.  Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment