Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Great Pumpkin time

I love October.

The weather is cooler, the air is crisp and the leaves are changing.  Time for sweaters, boots and costumes. 

October is Halloween time.  Next to Christmas it is my favorite holiday. 

I go all out for Halloween inside and out.  Here is my last years mantle.  I try to change it up every year, here is 2014s.  I even did a Bat cave one year. 

This year I am participating in an Instagram swap with several others.  We are sending each other Halloween décor and then decorating with the items we receive.  My partner is @2bluikiddos.  I can't wait to see what she does with what I sent her.  I'll share more info and pictures here when we do the Instahop!

In the mean time I'm planning for my Halloween decor this year and here are some of my Pinspiration's.

I've done several things with buttons in the past but this faux pumpkin with a moon is just adorable.  I'm out to get some buttons and see how many times I can burn myself with my hot glue gun.
 These wall faces are so cool.  Buy a mask, stick some lights in them and hang them on the side of your house.  SO doing this!
 I like the crows and the silver pumpkins.  This would be so cute for a late night dinner with the candles burning. 
 Now how cute is this.  I am not a traditional carver when it comes to pumpkins.  Last year I 'carved' a pineapple!  In the past I have made a cat, owl and mouse out of pumpkins.  I've also gotten out the drill and use the hole drill bit to make designs in my pumpkin.  But just painting them is a really cute idea, especially if you used glow in the dark paint. 

 I am loving the little frames and these would be so easy to make.  They would make really cute place holders for a dinner party. 
 Digging this mantle.  I don't have a white fireplace but I could still do this one. 

And just look at this!  I'm out to get some skeletons and skulls for my own dinning room lights! 
Please see my Pintrest board for all the links. 

It looks like I am digging some black and white.  I've got a lot pinned so please visit my Halloween board:
https://www.pinterest.com/vicdenniso/halloween/

BTW.. have you been to Target lately?  My gosh they have a lot and I mean a lot of Halloween out and there's a lot at or below $3.00!  YES so make your way to your nearest store and stock up!

Next week I'll be sharing my front porch so please come back! 

Victoria

You can follow me on Pintrest -
https://www.pinterest.com/vicdenniso/

On FB I'm Dragonflies and Thistles

I am VERY active on Instagram.  You can find me @Vicdenni



No comments:

Post a Comment