Monday, September 26, 2016

Fall outside

I've got a pretty small front porch.  Not enough for 2 chairs but enough to put out a pretty cute fall display.

Every year I try to do something different on the little porch.  You can see prior years 2015 and 2014.  The outside and the porch were, well, lacking. 

I think I did much better this year!



No scarecrows in the yard as in years past.  They were VERY worn out and sad.  Instead this year I concentrated on flowers. 

I got these at the grocery store.

I can't wait to plant them in my garden and see if they return next year!!  So far I've had good luck with replanting fall flowers.  (I probably just jinxed myself here)

My porch has enough room for 1 chair that I decorated with garland a few faux pumpkins and a metal vase with some faux flowers in it.
I put the colorful flowers in front along with a hay bale and lantern,  I then propped 2 straw brooms behind it and called it good. 

The front door has the fall box on the storm door and an 'autumn' painting on the inside front door.
 You can see how I did the box here

I got the Autumn painting at Kirkland's years ago.  It is so adorable. 

I also have my outdoor chalkboard sign out with a fall theme.
You can see how I made that here

I need to get better at my freehand... I ran out of room with the S and the T...

I also have my wreath up but on the house itself this year. 
It is starting to show its age and I'll probably rip it apart after this year and make a new one. 

So here it is again



And here is a close-up of the railing side.
I think it turned out pretty good. 
Do you decorate your porch or outside for fall?  I'd love to see what you've done so I can steal... I mean borrow and get inspiration for next year!!

So this weekend... Oktoberfest in Castle Rock Colorado AND I'll be starting my Halloween decorations!  Fall will come down, get boxed up and put away.  I'll start sharing what I'm doing for my Halloween décor and I'll be making a 'BOO' sign - different from last years.  I'll also be doing a few pumpkin crafts and sharing some ideas for Jack-O-Lanterns.... lets think outside the norm this year.  I have several ideas! 

Thanks for stopping by! 

Victoria

Please follow me on Pintrest

I'm crazy busy on Instagram - @Vicdenni









No comments:

Post a Comment