Monday, October 6, 2014

Halloween happenings

I love Halloween.  I mean I really love it. I have almost as much Halloween things as I've got Christmas. 
In starting my decorating this year I also realized that I've got a slight pumpkin obsession.  You know I bought some last year after the season when they were on sale, then again this year when they went on sale and now I've got like 50 or so faux pumpkins or ceramic ones. 

My 'pinspiration' this year for my mantle is this.
I also loved what I did last year, you can see that here..
http://www.dragonfliesandthistles.blogspot.com/2013/10/halloween-has-come-to-our-house.html

I moved my dinning and living room back to their original positions early this year.  Here in Colorado we are usually blessed with a warm fall, 70's and some 80's but it could snow at any time.  Many years I sent my husband and the kids out in heavy winter coats and snow boots to Trick-or-Treat. 

I did a bit of a combination of the above pin and my last years mantle for this year.  I really like it.




Here is the rundown. 
Happy Halloween picture is from Kirklands - $16.99
Other framed items are from Google, printed and framed.  All dollar store frames.
Tree branch - my backyard - FREE
Crows- dollar store
Lights - the purple set I got from Walmart - $6.99, the orange is from the dollar store.
Tin sculptures - both from Gordman's, last year.
Faux black pumpkin - Michael's last year on sale 1/2 off $4.99

I also decorated my buffet and instead of the Spooky Town display that I usually put up (the kids felt too old for it this year, sniff, sniff), I displayed almost all of my many pumpkins, (the rest are in a bin on the coffee table).





Run down:
On the buffet - Large and medium light up pumpkins - Target (though I am sure most store's carry them).  I've had them for years, I want to say the large one I got on sale for $10.00 and the smaller one was $5.00.  Always buy at the end of the season for the best savings.
Other lit pumpkins - these I got at Michael's years ago, they are actually for candles but I put a string of dollar store lights in each one. 
Large silver pumpkin - Home Goods, last year on sale, $10.00
All other pumpkins are from Michael's, Gordman's or Home Goods.

When you walk into my house you are greeted by my favorite Halloween item.  I've had it since I was a kid.  It is from the late 60's and he just brings back so many good memories.

I bought this little darling thing at Kirkland's it was a whopping $3.00


It is hanging on my hall entryway closet door.
Here is the entire entry.  This year I didn't put up all the bats like last year, you know you just have to change it up every now and then!  I did get a new entryway rug from Walmart, it is by BH&G and was $22.00.  I also got the galvanized bucket from Walmart, also BH&G for $13.00.

And here is my living room from the front door view.

On Thursday I'll be back with a crazy easy door wreath craft and it is a PB knock off.  I made it for less than $10.00 and the PB version is $60.00!  I'll also have another PB knock off that you could make for less than $5.00 each and they are selling them for $30.00 each!  CRAZY! 
 
 
Until Thursday, be safe,
Victoria
 
As always you can follow me on Pintrest -
 
Facebook -
 
And here directly on the blog at
 



No comments:

Post a Comment