Monday, December 22, 2014

Christmas dinner

Merry Christmas!

Can you believe that Christmas is only a few days away and the New Year is just around the corner?
Where has the year gone? 

Today I want to share my dinning table all set for an intimate Christmas dinner for four.

Let's start with the basic table without china. 

 A blue tablecloth and a brown runner with lanterns and mercury glass candles running down its length. 
The tablecloth and runner I got at Wal-Mart and I had both from last year.  The lanterns I got a Kirkland's.  The mercury glass candle holders I've had for years, if you can't find any you can make them but any glass candle holder will do. 

Next I added my china, it is Lenox, Chesapeake.


I've set it more formal and put the napkin under the soup bowl.  This is a great way to show off a napkin that has a fancy embroidery or monogram on it.


The night setting with the lights off and the candles lit is spectacular and if set for two, very romantic.
On another note, I came home from work today to find this in my basement....

A ripped up bathroom floor and a toilet in my family room.... lovey Christmas is what, 2 days away!  So here is the funny thing, my husband is off this week and next and was looking for a project.  We've been talking about painting and putting down a new floor and just doing a minor re-vamp of this small bathroom. We had colors picked out as the flooring but I didn't expect him to do it with just days till Christmas!  He says he wanted to surprise me... well he did!  I did buy a new shower curtain for the shower stall and a new bath rug and some hand towels that match the bird in the shower curtain.  I came home to no floor - SUPRISE!
I hope he gets this done in two days, I mean paint, flooring and a new toilet how long can that take?  Wish me luck! 

I'll keep everyone updated on the progress on this little bathroom. 

I am off next week so I won't be back blogging until after the new year, so....

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! 

I'll see everyone in 2015! 
Until then, be safe.
Victoria

As always you can follow me on Pintrest -
http://www.pinterest.com/vicdenniso/

No comments:

Post a Comment