Monday, January 5, 2015

Help me organize my closets PLEASE!

January 2015... how did we get here so quickly? 

After the holiday season everyone has the need to purge, plan and organize; I wish I had sage words of wisdom for you or even real help but when my own closets look like this -
 


How can I offer help to anyone when my own closets are a nightmare!
As you can see I have tried, or attempted to organize things using clear boxes.  I like using the clear boxes so you can see what is inside otherwise each time you will need to open the box to see what is inside. 
I live in a small house, built in 1972, so although I have a lot of closets they are all small.  Take my master bedroom closet, it is only 8 feet long.  To 'help' us organize we put in a closet organizing system.  It helps otherwise I don't think I'd be able to find anything!
The middle section is for folded items such as sweaters, pants and shirts.
Then on each side we have rails to hang clothes on. 
Do you have tips for organization?  I'd love to hear them as I obviously need help! 
I'll be back next week with a Valentine's Day craft until then, be safe!
Victoria

You can always follow me on Pintrest
http://www.pinterest.com/vicdenniso/

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dragonflies-and-Thistles/491393717621010

Or right here on the blog! 
www.dragonfliesandthistles.blogspot.com

Lot's of snow here in Colorado - do you have snow where you live?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Victoria, I remove everything from my closet, one item at a time, and place it in one of four piles. Keep, donate, trash, consign. Then I replace all the "keep" items with the hangers turned backwards. Next year I will only have to deal with the hangers still turned backwards. During sales throughout the year, I purchase pretty baskets, bowls or trays to store items in my closet. You've inspired me to write a post about this, so I'll be sharing pictures of before and after in the future.I look forward to your after photos, too!!! http://www.cozinest.net

    ReplyDelete