Tuesday, January 21, 2014

You've got some explaining to do..

Yes, I do have some explaining to do. 

Whenever my husband goes out of town or takes a bromance break with his guys, I change something in the house.  Sometime it is just re-arranging furniture, sometime I paint and there are times when I do dramatic changes. 

Like the time he spent 7 days in Moab, UT, with his friends riding ATV's and biking.  Then I took off all the kitchen cabinets and painted them white.  Usually he expects something to be changed or done when he comes home.  Heck, a year ago right after Thanksgiving I went to the grocery store and came home to our hall bathroom gutted to the studs, so he really has no room to complain or talk! 

I guess that is one of the many reasons we've been married for 25 years! 

So this is the change I made this time... remember my boring stairway to the basement? 


Well I changed this up a bit. 





Looks better don't you think?  I do.  I had gathered some pictures and got prints by Klimt for Christmas and went to the dollar store and bought some frames.  I also hit up Hobby Lobby for a clock on sale 1/2 off and a couple of frames at 60% off. 

Then I started to hang.

First I decided what pictures I wanted together, what shapes and sizes of frames I wanted together and then just started to hang.  That is when my daughter told me that I can't just go willy nilly hanging thing, I've got to have a plan. 
So to appease the type A planner that volunteered to help me, we planned.  We laid the pictures out that we wanted together then just transferred it from the floor to the wall.  She measured and leveled but we did get them all up in about an hour and a half. 

I really didn't follow any rules to hang the pictures and mirrors.  There is no theme other than things I like.  There are mirrors, postcards, prints, pictures I've taken, a clock, maps, drawing of architectural interest, a bird feather and a cobblestone street.  I followed the stairs up at an angle when hanging mixing large and small frames together. 

Lets see what the hubby says when he gets home.  It took him 2 days to notice the brown cabinets were white but I bet he notices this right away! 

Have you ever hung pictures to make a gallery?  I'd love to see yours! 

Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment