Monday, April 4, 2016

Spring mantle

Happy Spring!  Or at least I hope so... here in Colorado it can snow all the way through May but since snow = drinking water here, I'll take it!

So I am still showering in the hall bathroom.

I am pretty lucky I've got a husband who once I convince him of something he is all in.  Holes in walls, knocking down walls, ripping up flooring once he gets my vision he's in 100%.  Hence our master bathroom. 

Now the bathroom is small but most houses in our neighborhood don't have a master bath so we are lucky for our small house.  But our master bathroom was well...

U G L Y

I shared a bit of the destruction and general ugliness here

The hubby is willing to take on anything and I am really lucky because he is generally really handy.  Be it a toilet removal and install or taking down a wall to laying hardwood floors he's really a handy guy. 

You know those questions...'If you could only take 1 thing on a deserted island what would it be?'  I always say, "my husband"  he's MacGyver!  Give him a paperclip and some tape and he could build me a house! 

Well it did take him a bit to solder the copper piping and not have any leaks then we found out about this new thing called 'shark bite' which uses plastic piping and ends - no leaks and fast! 

But I do have bathroom walls now.
Whoo Hoo!
We are just going to put a pre formed insert in here for now.  Eventually we will gut the entire master bathroom and there will be tile in there, no tub and a bench that is heated!!  But for now to keep any further water damage from happening this is our solution. 

Hopefully this next weekend the insert will go in... I'll keep you posted and show you pictures of the finished product. 

So with snow on the ground last weekend (it snowed last Thursday and Friday) I started decorating for spring.  I started with the mantle.  For me my mantle can be difficult to decorate.  The mantle itself is a dark railroad tie and the fireplace itself is large and dark.  I'm afraid to paint it because if I mess it up it is really messed up but... I'd LOVE to be brave enough to do it. 

This is what I came up with for spring.
I kept the window pane and the 2 lanterns along with some wood.  I added a blue box, a boxwood wreath I made last year, a picture, some small birds, a banner and my favorite thing - a Target dollar spot galvanized bucket filled with faux flowers.  Super cute! 

I also decorated my shelf over my buffet.
I kept everything there that had been there since January and added a white finial. 

If you've been following me on Instagram (Vicdenni) you've seen some of my outdoor décor for spring/summer.  There will be more to come. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Please follow me on:
Pintrest:
https://www.pinterest.com/vicdenniso/

Facebook - I only post here 1X a week.
https://www.facebook.com/Dragonflies-and-Thistles-491393717621010/

Instagram - Vicdenni

Lastly... have a great week it is going to be beautiful here in Colorado - 70's all week! 

You can still see some snow up on Pikes Peak... looks like it is snowing up there right now! 
Have a great week!
Victoria



1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty mantelscape!! I'd love it if you'd link up to Talk of the Town. :) http://www.sadieseasongoods.com/talk-town-link-party-14/

    ReplyDelete