Friday, November 15, 2013

Outdoor Thanksgiving decor upcoming crafts and the weekend

In my last blog I showed you how to make this super easy but really great bow.
I love how easy it is to make and how great it looks on chairs, packages, wreaths and anything you can think of.  I enjoy seeing peoples faces when I give them a present wrapped with this spectacular bow, they just ooh and aah over it, little do they know it was soooo super easy to make!

My outdoor decor for Thanksgiving is not anywhere as spectacular as Septembers yard of flowers and scarecrows or Octobers graveyard or Decembers all out Christmas craziness, no I like to keep November a little simpler.
I shopped my back porch this year.  I grabbed a small blue end table and a garden statue along with the September hay bales and just arranged them on my little porch.  I hung my last years wreath by the garage door and my oldie but a goodie, small willow wreath by the front door.  I made that wreath, cut the willow, soaked it and soaked it then shaped it into a wreath.

The dogs photo bombed me!  I just love the blue shutters and door as well.  It is amazing how some paint can make such a big difference.  I just look at it all and smile.
So up next this weekend is getting the roof Christmas lights on... yes I said Christmas lights.  It is much easier to put the lights up when there is no snow on the roof and it is still 56 degrees.  We won't turn them on until December 1.  I'll be sharing this piece of craziness soon!
Also this weekend I plan to head out to the stores and see what's what for Christmas this year.  I know Lowe's and Home Depot already have their Christmas things out (cause I've already bought stuff!).  I'll be checking them out as well as Big Lots, Target, Walmart, Home Goods, The Dollar Tree and Gordman's.  I'll be posting photo's and talking about other specialty stores like Joann fabrics, Kirkland, Hobby Lobby and Michael's.  I will also be sharing some information about some local Colorado Springs businesses and what they have for the holidays.
Also upcoming are some Christmas crafts.  I can't wait to show you what I am going to do with some old books, a dollar store silver tray and chalkboard paint.  I'm making serving trays out of wood for gifts, small Christmas tree's out of soda cartons and garland, I'm spray painting dollar store vases and last but not least more wreaths!  Hint - one of them uses wine corks!
I am gong to be one busy dragonfly!   Stay tuned!  So what are you doing this weekend?  I hope whatever it is you have a blast doing it!  I'll be back next week.  Today is Weight Watcher weigh in day, wish me luck at the scale! Victoria 

No comments:

Post a Comment