Friday, October 25, 2013

It's that time of the year...

Yep it is that time of the year....

Next weekend, November 2, we set our clocks back 1 hour and gain an hour of sleep.  We also lose an hour of daylight later in the day.  Hopefully it will be brighter when I wake up at 5 am! 

I took some time off work next week to spend with the hubby who's been away on business and do those fun things around the house before winter comes.

First on the list is the vent stacks on the roof.  We painted our house a few years back a dark gray and got a new roof after a few too many hail storms.  Our roof is a gray/white/black combo of shingles but the vent stacks are still the original yellow mustard color that the house was originally painted when build in 1972!  Yep mustard yellow.  I finally got some heat spray paint and the hubby and I are going to climb on the roof and spray paint!  It will make the house look finished finally. 

Next on the list is sealing/weatherproofing doors and windows.  Caulk is cheap folks and this little step around your windows and doors can really help keep the heat in.  Especially if you are like me and window replacements keep getting pushed farther and farther down your 'TO DO' list because of money.  Windows are CRAZY expensive!  So we will caulk and put up plastic on the insides to keep us all toasty warm during the cold winter months. 

I'd also like to paint our front door and our shutters.  Right now they are red and while I like red, not this color red.  I am looking to paint the shutters black and the door a bright blue.  Off course I'll have to also change to door trim I am thinking not a full bright white but a white. 

The hubby wants to paint our back deck.  Right now it is like 4 different colors and I don't like any of them.  I'd rather they be natural wood with a stain.  We may be able to get the floor that way - it is green right now - but I don't know.  The trim and railings are red, the same red on the front door.  Finally the ballisters and railings are off white and the outside trim is gray to match the house.  YIKES!  Who knows what colors all of this will end up.  I am on a blue/grey/orange kick right now so we'll see.  I'll keep you posted. 

Then there is fertalizing the grass, flushing the sprinkler system, cleaning gutters, trimming trees, sealing a crack in our front steps and lets not forget raking leaves.  OH and let me not forget that I still need to make a candy corn wreath.  More on that later! 

I'd also like to paint our lower kitchen cabinets and get some hardware for them.  Right now they are white and always look so dirty to me.  We don't have knobs or pulls on any of the cabinets so I'd like to get those for the kitchen as well. 

A pretty ambitious list don't you think?  I'll keep everyone posted on what I actually get done! 
Tonight is Hot Tub Margaritta Friday so when the sun goes down I will be partying. 

Remember Halloween is this Thursday so watch our for those little gobblins when you are driving!  I'll share my finished outdoors for Halloween also.  BTW - have you seen the Brooklyn Limestone house online yet? 
This lady really goes all out with her decorations.  This year she is shark infested.  Take a look at the picture below and you can check out her blog at Brooklynlimestone.com
Pretty impressive! 
You may also want to check out Michaela Noelle Design blog.  She is doing an instagram challenge to fix up a space in your house each day in November.  Take a look at her list and see what you can do!  I have a link to her blog on my previous post. 
Have a great weekend.   Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment