Monday, March 9, 2015

Cheese Tray

Have you ever seen a craft and said to yourself... "BRILLIANT!"  or "Why didn't I think of that?" 
This happened to me the other day on Pintrest.  I saw a couple of pins about square tiles being used as trays or to display objects on. 
BRILLIANT!

I am here to tell you that it is an easy and cheap craft, (about $10.00) and something that would make a great gift. 


Here is what you'll need:

1.  A piece of tile, your choosing.  I chose one that is rectangle.  You can choose any kind of floor tile as long as it is one solid piece. 
2.  Handles.  I used regular drawer handles
3.  Glue I used E6000 and a construction epoxy that you mix
4.   Rubber or some sort of feet for the bottom

All of these items I got at Home Depot for about $10.00.  The tile piece is marble and was $1.93.  The rubber feet were 10 in a pack for $1.98.  The two drawer pulls were $2.98 each for $5.96.  I had the glue's on hand. 

Step 1 - Using the E6000 glue your rubber feet to the bottom of your tile.  Since my tile is a rectangle I used 6 feet on the bottom.  The rubber feet did have an adhesive backing but I wasn't sure if it would stick to the tile bottom.


As you can see above my rubber feet weren't flat but around 1/4 inch high.  I wanted my tray to sit off the surface a bit.
Step 2 - Using the epoxy I mixed the glue and used it to glue the handles to the tile, one on each side.
Finally, sit the tray aside and let it dry for at least an hour. 
Now I've got a nice cheese tray and it looked great on my Mother-In-Law's black countertops.


This was a great and inexpensive craft.  I am going to try and find some granite remnants and make one out of granite for a friend for Christmas! 
Thanks for stopping by.  I hope everyone has a great week.  I'll be back next week but until then, STAY SAFE!
Victoria

You can always follow me on Pintrest -
https://www.pinterest.com/vicdenniso/

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dragonflies-and-Thistles/491393717621010?ref=hl

Or right here on the blog! 
http://www.dragonfliesandthistles.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment