Monday, February 9, 2015

Button Craft

I've seen this craft all over Pintrest, usually hearts but with St. Patrick's Day coming I thought why not do a Shamrock instead! 

You'll need:
1 canvas
Lots of buttons - you can choose any colors
Craft Glue - I use craft glue because it dries clear
Scissors
Pen or pencil - for tracing or drawing
Shape of something you want to create - I got a shamrock off the internet, printed and cut it out




First if you used a shape like I did you will need to cut it out.  Otherwise you can draw out your shape with the pen or pencil. 

 
Finally, using your glue and buttons start gluing!  I used some buttons that were flat and some that had stem on the back.  I also layered the buttons to cover any spots where the canvas was showing through. 
 
It took me about an hour from start to finish!
 

CUTE!!
You could do any shape - hearts for Valentine Day; bells or snowflakes for Christmas; Eggs or a cross for Easter; a leaf for the fall; a jack-o-lantern for Halloween, a turkey for Thanksgiving.  Use your imagination! 
You could even be color specific.  I used buttons I had on-hand but you could buy color specific buttons; say orange and black for the Halloween Jack-O-Lantern. 

If you've got lot's of buttons on hand I hope you give this easy craft a try! 

Thanks for stopping by!  Next week I'll be decorating for St. Patrick's Day. 
Victoria

You can always follow me on Pintrest -
https://www.pinterest.com/vicdenniso/

Facebook - I do post here when I've posted a blog
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dragonflies-and-Thistles/491393717621010

And right here on the blog! 
www.dragonfliesandthistles.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. Great idea, Victoria! So fun and festive! Thanks so much for sharing at Talented Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop by Fabulous Friday this week and you are a feature for the button DIY
    Thanks Maria

    ReplyDelete