Wednesday, October 30, 2013

How to change the look of your house for under $80.00 Pt 1

I took off work this week to help my hubby work on getting the house ready for winter.  You know fun things like cleaning gutters, caulking around windows and doors and putting up plastic around our 1972 windows.

We made a list of what we wanted to accomplish this week then prioritized the list.  Personally I am not a list maker but I did marry one.  I always tease him that by the time he makes the list I could have done the first 3 things on it!  BUT we made a list.

One of the first things we did was to caulk and paint the vents on the roof.  I bought a can of heat resistant spray paint.  This means you can use it on something that gets hot like your fireplace front, gas grill or in our case, house vents.

We painted our house gray about 5 years ago but never painted the house vents on the roof.  I bought black spray paint and heat resistant caulk in black as well.  First we caulked then we spray painted.  I held a large piece of wood so the spray paint wouldn't go everywhere.

I think it turned out great!  For the cost of a can of spray paint, $7.99 in this case, you can change the look of your house!
Before - Ugly mustard yellow:

After:  Nice Black!



Pretty good huh!  Cheap too!

Again side by side before and after

.
 
This is step one of the under $80.00 transformation.  Next is the shutters and door, remember this ugly red color!

No comments:

Post a Comment